Magamról

Saját fotó
Hungary
20 hónap külföldön. 2011 - 3 hónap Németországban, 2012/13 - 7 hónap Hollandiában, 2015 - 3 hónap Naposparton, Bulgáriában, 2016 - 7 hónap Franciaországban. És mindenféle egyéb kiruccanásom a blogon.

2016. május 2., hétfő

A "not my day" type of day

There is a Hungarian saying that goes something like "I woke up putting my left feet first on the floor.", which means someone is having an unlucky day. Yes, it's me and yes, it is the day that Garfield hates the most. Everything's fine now, I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop, and with my little evening snack by my side: an avocado, ricepuffs covered in black chocolate and a cup of tea. It's time to recover from the cold I have and stop sneezing, so I'm making all the efforts not to go out, even though I was invited to. Also after today I prefer not to risk having a kitchen counter falling on my head from an open window, just because I left the house. Sounds pessimistic, I know. C'est la vie.

I woke up this morning well rested to walk into the kitchen and break a glass lid as the first thing in the morning. The hostfamily hears the huge noise from downstairs and they ask: "Are you okay?" I answer: "Well, I am, but the glass lid is not." After they come upstairs, they go: "Well, not really a good start for the day." I sweap up and hoover up the little pieces of glass, so that we don't walk in it: better not to.

The day continues, I take the kiddos to school as usual, throw some dirty clothes in the washing machine and drive to the supermarket to do my weekly food shop. After cooking sweet potatoes and lemon-garlic chicken for lunch, I Skype with my grandparents and decide to take my scooter (la trotinette in French) for a short outside trip. Good idea for a while, and then there's this little hole in the pavement with grass, which I'm really concerned I can pass: haha! My scooter slips on my right side and with my last reflexes I don't take care about falling on the ground fortunately, but to keep my scooter as close to myself as I can, since there's a car on my right side. I'd rather hit myself a little, than to pay a fortune to the owner, after scratching the paint off of the vehicle, if he/she's just around the corner. I don't land too bad, nothing hurts. A lady passes by on her bycicle (le vélo) and she asks me if I was okay. I put my biggest smile and say: Yes, yes, thank you so much.

At the end, well, c'est la vie. I didn't break a bone, c'est pas grave.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése