Magamról

Saját fotó
Hungary
20 hónap külföldön. 2011 - 3 hónap Németországban, 2012/13 - 7 hónap Hollandiában, 2015 - 3 hónap Naposparton, Bulgáriában, 2016 - 7 hónap Franciaországban. És mindenféle egyéb kiruccanásom a blogon.

2016. április 26., kedd

Bored in Lille? Visit the Villa Cavrois!

I've never heard about Villa Cavrois before a German schoolmate of mine told me about it. We had this conversation, that she wants to visit more places around Lille, because she leaves in two months and she started to feel like it's going to be here in no time. I agree with her, the time just goes and we should go and visit the places we want to visit and eat those French foods we wish to try, because what are waiting for anyway? Damn, I want to eat escargots (snails) and flan and galette des rois so bad!

On Monday I finished my morning shift, went and did the weekly food shopping for myself and headed to the metro. I was just on time, I met Katha at the metro station and we headed to the tram station together. We discussed our Au-pair experiences and I apparently got some very good tips from her (listen people, listen to the others when they tell something, and try not always thinking about what you should say - I'm very bad at this, so I'm trying to master it now. I luckily meet a lot of people and can listen to many interesting stories. That's one thing I really love about travelling. This didn't happen that often in Hungary. Somehow the fact that we all live abroad from our home countries, brings us closer, I feel like. Back to the topic!) We take the tram and leave it at the station Villa Cavrois (surprise, surprise!) in Croix, and we walk about 10 minutes to arrive to our destination. On the way, we can't stop admiring the blooming trees and the huge houses. We stop at one and agree, that we would like to live there.

When we arrive at Villa Cavrois, it starts to rain heavily. We find the enctrance to the billetterie and we ask for 2 tickets. We get to visit the place for free, because it's free under the age of 25. The villa is made of yellow bricks on the outside. When we enter, we totally fall in love with the place: the style of the furnitures dates back to the '60-s with all the beautiful wooden chairs, sofas, tables and shelves. There's a huge salon with a very high ceiling and a view on the huge garden, where one could build more houses or held horse-riding competitions. I'm very glad at this moment that I've heard about this place. And just generally feel glad to be there. The floor in the next room, which id the dining room, is marble and it's so amazing: blue-green-turqoise, it's basically all my favorite colors. It's the sea, the grass, the sky, clouds, a lake at the same time. There's a huge mirror on one of the walls and a cute little statue of some kind of animal in front of that.

The villa was built in 1934, when a bourgouis man asked an architect to plan something stylish, comfortable and functionable for his family of 7 kids and some servants. During the WW2 the Nazis ruined it and it's open for the public today, because workers spent 13 years of hard work to rebuild the place. There is still one room in the villa, where one can see the bricks, because they didn't rebuild it: that shows how its state was after it was ruined.

It has 3 floors. On the first floor the salon, the dining room, and a huge kitchen, which is very unfriendly with its white color furnitures and tiles. The floor shows the colors of the chess, it doesn't help making it friendlier. The second floor has all the bedrooms and bathrooms of the kids and the parents. They have the similar kind of clock in every room and we end up liking a very colorful child room (blue-red-brown) and the parents' huge bathroom, which reminds me of a spa a bit. On the third floor there's the playroom for the kids and at the moment one can look at some funny chairs, that are shown in many rooms of the villa anyway. Oh, the second floor also has a smoking room, which we title a movie room, with a red sofa and a very low ceiling, but we read on the flyer that it was a smoking room apparently. Well, some people just want smoking rooms, this is how it works. I would use it as a movie room anyway. We also take a look at the huge garden from the different rooms and at the end we both agree that the villa is too big and we would feel very lost if we lived there. We buy postcards, - which I later put in my room next to all the other cards from different places I visited - and on the way back we discuss who we will tell to visit the villa and that we also absolutely want to go back.

Let's see in photos what I'm writing about:































Can you guess from my description which rooms functions as what? ;)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése