Magamról

Saját fotó
Hungary
20 hónap külföldön. 2011 - 3 hónap Németországban, 2012/13 - 7 hónap Hollandiában, 2015 - 3 hónap Naposparton, Bulgáriában, 2016 - 7 hónap Franciaországban. És mindenféle egyéb kiruccanásom a blogon.

2016. április 19., kedd

A guy with two dogs

Every now and then after I finish at the language school, I take a walk in Lille just by myself. I buy a baguette or a packet of chocolate biscuits and wander around for half an hour, before taking the tram to go back chez moi for lunch. I usually cross Grand Place and take a look at the beautiful buildings of the Opera, the Chambre de Commerce, the Vieille Bourse and all the surrounding cafés and restaurants. Today was such a day and on my way to Monopr' to buy something to chew on, I see this guy sitting on the floor in the middle of the shopping street with two dogs. For one second I believe he’s the same guy I’ve seen on my 3. day in Lille during my first walk, but then I realise that that one had brown hair and one dog by his side. The only thing that connects them is that both of them have these very clear, sparkly eyes. But this one is tall and he has blond hair, he’s dressed in kheki military clothes. His eyes are blue. He seems to be homeless. Suddenly I remember why he is familiar to me. I had seen him some weeks ago on the metro, with an other guy and the two dogs. The dogs were so close to me, that when he sat down on the floor with them, they sat on my feet and I had to move a little further.

I wonder what his story might be. I don’t imagine any options of what might have happened, it wouldn’t make sense anyway. The thought of asking him does cross my mind, since I’m by nature very open to real stories from people’s lives, but firstly, I can’t stand the judging faces of the people passing by, secondly, I have a feeling he wouldn’t want to tell the story anyway, and thirdly, with my basic French knowledge we would probably struggle to get to understand each other even if he would be open to tell the story. 

So I pass by, walk in the shop, buy my baguette and a chausson aux pommes and I look at him once more, when I leave. I stay conform, by human nature.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése